Breaking

यमन ने सऊदी अरब के सामने रखी अजीब शर्त, यमनियों की जाल में फंसा रियाज़...

Thursday, 27 August 2026

"Shapiro's Open Challenge to Trump - If You Touch Mail-In Voting in Pennsylvania, I Will Defeat You in Court Again!"

"Shapiro's Open Challenge to Trump - If You Touch Mail-In Voting in Pennsylvania, I Will Defeat You in Court Again!"
-Friday World 27 Aug 2026
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania -

A major showdown over voting rights has once again erupted in American politics. Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro has opened a direct front against the Donald Trump Administration. Governor Shapiro has announced that he will sue the Trump administration to block any illegal attempt to ban mail-in voting and unilaterally change election rules.

In a strong statement, Governor Shapiro said, "I will remind President Trump of my track record that I went to court against him to save Pennsylvania's free, fair, safe and secure elections - and I won. I am ready to do it again."

This statement comes at a time when the debate over mail-in voting is intensifying across the country ahead of the 2026 midterm elections.

No Change in Voting System in Pennsylvania

Reassuring the voters of his state, the Governor clearly said that nothing has changed about mail-in voting in Pennsylvania. You can still vote safely and securely by mail.

Pennsylvania is one of the key swing states in America where mail-in voting has a very strong history. Since the passage of Act 77 in 2019, any eligible voter here can apply for a mail-in ballot without any special reason. Millions of Pennsylvanians used this facility in the 2020 and 2024 elections.

States' Rights vs. Federal Government - What Does the Constitution Say?

The most important constitutional aspect of this entire controversy is the one raised by Governor Shapiro. He said, "Even if Donald Trump tries to create chaos in our elections, the Constitution is clear: the right to make rules for elections belongs to the states - not the federal government."

According to Article I, Section 4 of the US Constitution, the primary power to determine the time, place and manner of elections lies with the state legislatures. Congress can intervene, but a unilateral executive order by the President to overturn state election laws is considered constitutionally highly controversial.

On this basis, Shapiro argues that any federal order to end mail-in voting will not hold up in court.

Why is Shapiro's Track Record Important?

Josh Shapiro is not just a Governor, before this he was the Attorney General of Pennsylvania. After the 2020 election, when the Trump campaign challenged the Pennsylvania election results in court, it was Shapiro who fought and won that case on behalf of the state.

Therefore, his statement that "I won before and I will win again" is not just a political statement, but a warning based on legal experience.

What Does This Mean for the Common Voter?

1. If you live in Pennsylvania, you don't need to panic. Your mail-in ballot is valid.
2. You can still apply for a ballot from your county election office website.
3. All ballots are tracked and counted only after verification, which makes it completely secure.

This fight is no longer just about Pennsylvania, it will decide the future direction of voting rights in America. Whether elections will remain under the control of the states or be controlled from Washington - the decision will now be made in the court.

Sajjadali Nayani ✍
Friday World 27 Aug 2026